Greenhouse gas emissions
Notes on the Above Performance
１．Scope of data calculation
- All properties owned by Nippon Building Fund Inc. (NBF) are covered. However, properties with exclusive ownership areas holding 25% or less than 25%are not covered.
- NBF Shinagawa Tower partly owned by NBF is a part of Shinagawa Grand Central Tower which is the major part of the property but excluded for the calculation.
- The above data consists of total consumption/emissions from common-use areas and tenants’ exclusive areas in each property and is not converted into equity.
- Regarding gas consumption, some data that are difficult to collect due to direct contracts by tenants to gas providers are excluded for the calculation.
Calculation period: January 1st to December 31st
- Waste data in 2018（reference）is calculated during the period of April 1st,2018 to March 31st,2019, as it is difficult to collect some data of divested properties in the calculation period of 2018.
- Energy consumption
Energy consumption＝Σ(consumption by energy type × heating value conversion factor × conversion rate for electricity）
Calculated by using the conversion factor based on the “Act on Rational Use of Energy”
Energy type:Electricity,cool water,warm water, city gas,bunker A,diesel oil
- Greenhouse gas emissions
Scope of greenhouse gas:Energy origin CO2
Energy origin CO2 emissions＝Σ(energy consumption × CO2 conversion factor）
The CO2 conversion factors for fuel and other heat are based on the"Greenhouse Gas Emission Calculation and Reporting Manual” published by Ministry of the Environment and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
The CO2 conversion factor for electricity is based on the basic emission factor given by each electricity provider”published by Ministry of the Environment and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
-Include the energy origin CO2 emissions from tenant except for direct contracts by tenants to energy providers.
- Water consumption
Total water consumption＝Σ（Purchased water consumption*1 ＋ Other water consumption*2）
*1 Purchased water consists of purchased clean water and industrial water among other things.
*2 Other water consists of water recycled inside the property, grand water,and rainwater among other things.
- Waste emissions
Total waste emissions＝Σ（General waste emissions ＋Industrial waste emissions）
Based on the “Waste Management and Public Cleansing Act”
Regarding the waste data in 2018, only “total waste emissions” is written because the calculation category has been changed since 2019.
- Intensity figures
Each intensity figure＝Total consumption of each/Floor space
Floor space is the space confirmed when constructing.
The data was calculated based on the properties held by NBF at the end of each year. However, some portion of these properties like residential areas were excluded due to difficulties in collecting the data.
Intensity figures are corrected by annual average occupancy rate.
Corrected intensity figures ＝ Non-corrected intensity figures/Average occupancy rate[%]
- As the correction method for the environmental performance has been changed since 2019, the data in 2018 has somevariance from 2019 and 2020.
- Besides,some variance come from rounding off.